Other List of Scholarship Opportunity

Regents Awards for Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans, Police Officers and Firefighters

There are awards for children of disabled veterans of the war periods 1941-46, 1950-55, 1961-75, and 1990-end of hostilities. There are also awards for children of servicemen who were prisoners of war or missing in action from those periods. The award is $450 a year for up to four years of full-time college study in New York State. Child of Police Officer-Firefighters Awards are for children of police officers or firefighters who died as a result of an on the job injury after June 30, 1982. The award is $450 a year for up to four years of undergraduate study. Additional information is also available at HESC.

Educational Incentive Program

This is a program designed for students who are current employees at a registered or licensed day care provider. Students must be pursuing courses or programs related to early childhood education, child day care, children with special needs and other related subjects. Scholarship awards are based on income, type of courses studied and other priority considerations. Awards range from $117 per credit to $1,335 for full time study per semester. For additional information you must call (800) 295-9616.

Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program

Based on SAT or ACT scores and grade point average. Maximum award of $1,500 based on Federal Application. Applications available at high school Guidance Office or from the Bureau of HEOP/VTEA Scholarships, NYS Education Department, Education Building Annex, Room 1071, Albany, NY 12234, (518) 486-1319.

NYS Scholarship for Academic Excellence

NYS residents who are US citizens or eligible non-citizens enrolled (matriculated) for 12 credits or more. Cannot be in default on any NYS guaranteed student loan. Must attend a college in NYS. Awards are $1,500 to the top graduating senior of each high school in NYS, $500 to other academically gifted students for up to 4 years, or 5 years in certain programs. Scholarship must be used within 7 years. Contact the high school guidance office. To receive payment, complete the TAP application process.

Aid for Native American Students

Under New York State Education Law, assistance is provided for Native American students from any of the several Native American tribes located within the state who are residents of a reservation. The maximum individual grant is up to $2,000 per year for a period not to exceed four years. Additional information is also available at Bureau of Indian Affairs and FinAid.
For further information concerning aid to Native Americans, contact:Native American Education Unit
NYS Education Department - Room 374EBA
Albany, New York 12234
Phone: (518) 474-0537

Educational Opportunity Grant (EOP)

A special program for New York State students who have been designated by the college as both academically and economically disadvantaged. For more information on this program please contact the EOP Office.

Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (ACCES-VR)

Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) offers access to a full range of employment and independent living services that may be needed by persons with disabilities through their lives through its administration of vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs. For more information visit ACCES-VR.
Contact the District Office located at:
Hauppauge, New York
Phone: (631) 952-6357
Riverhead, New York
Phone: (631) 727-6496